Schools provide help and resources to students who they know are suffering from stress, anxiety, disengagement, depression, abuse, and other factors. But what about the kids who go undetected?
Terrace Metrics was founded in response to schools wanting to understand the behavioral-health status of their students, identify at-risk kids early on, and intervene to change the course of their lives.
Utilizing proprietary algorithms, Terrace created a behavioral health tool that established a comprehensive, non-threatening way to assess the mental well-being of students.
The tool gained rapid acceptance among school systems. They realized their current technology solution, which relied heavily on multiple stand-alone third-party tools and many manual steps, would not scale with the pace of demand.
They came to Fusion with a challenge: combine Terrace Metric’s behavioral expertise with Fusion’s design and technology know-how to reimagine their behavioral health tool. In order for Terrace Metrics to expand their solution nationally and internationally, they needed a platform that would securely scale and address the needs below:
- Automate manual processes
- Implement strong security features
- Automate report generation and distribution
- Provide schools with access to administrative tools to manage information
- Create scalability to handle increased usage and thousands of simultaneous assessment submissions
- Allow the addition of new features such as text to speech
- Ensure a low operating cost