Organizations with the expertise to leverage machine learning will significantly widen the gap between themselves and competitors who aren’t able to move beyond traditional analytics tools. Fusion’s data science and application development teams work together to unlock business insights. We allow our clients’ data to tell the story without introducing bias to the underlying predictions. This hybrid approach allows us to apply agility in the process to rapidly operationalize insights into tools and platforms you use every day.
PFC understood the value proposition of machine learning and partnered with Fusion to explore the following machine learning models:
- Identify best issuers for sales solicitation, including former, current, and prospective issuers
- Provide rate guidance to investors and rate/term guidance for CD issuers
- Target investors by likelihood of close
The process included four main steps: data acquisition, transformation, model development, and predictive analytics.
All relevant private and public data sources were identified and acquired to gain more information on current and prospective customers. PFC and Fusion then collaborated to determine meaningful and available factors.
Next, the data was transformed so these factors would be consistent and accurate. With a solid foundation, Fusion developed machine learning models that would learn and identify patterns, then recognize those patterns when seen again to apply lessons to predict outcomes.
The first phase was highly successful, producing the following benefits, with more to come in the next phase.
- Equipped PFC sales team with a qualified list of issuers to target based on previous profiles of customers. This enables efficient use of PFC’s finite sales and marketing budget
- Provided a deeper understanding of where CD issuers need to price their instruments and the rate at which investors are likely to purchase. Understanding this spread allows PFC to potentially achieve larger-scale trading business
- Provided a simple way for PFC’s co-brokers to market the right product at the right time to the portfolio of investors