Having a top-tier digital customer experience is no longer a defining advantage. Instead, it is an expectation, a necessity to attract and retain customers, and companies need the right content management to deliver. While most organizations are focused only on how to deliver these elevated experiences externally, one regional insurance company took it a step further and looked to deliver that same level of service internally.
Two critical components of delivering that customer experience are a well-defined strategy and the right tools to execute. We had recently worked with this client to complete their digital strategy, which included recommendations for how to better leverage their intranet portal to deliver personalization, automation, and user insights. With this new strategy in place, they were ready to apply it to their next big project — an overhaul of their intranet.
Their existing content management system (CMS) was a homegrown solution that was visually fixed, could not play embedded content, did not have any search capabilities, and lacked both usability and interactivity. This overhaul would involve updates to the user-interface design and content, as well as re-platforming the site and moving it to Sitecore, with the goal of creating an engaging, personalized experience.
Ultimately, they wanted to:
- Create a frictionless user experience for agents and associates
- Increase awareness, clarity, and understanding of the uniqueness of their service offerings
- Provide more brand consistency and marketing efficiencies
- Empower marketing by enabling them to create and publish content
- Measure content effectiveness to ultimately engage more effectively with their audience